The conference addresses how marginalization and social exclusion in agriculture and food systems are shaped at the intersection of gender with other social dimensions, such as socio-economic status, age or generation, ethnicity or religion and belief systems. We refer to this intersectional perspective as ''gender+''.
Gender+ research and gender+ integration in agriculture-related research play a critical role in guiding positive transformations in food systems and societies worldwide.
Generating innovative, conceptually sound, and influential gender+ research, and widening and strengthening the networks of researchers dedicated to advancing this work, are the focus of this conference.
The conference addresses five overarching questions:
- How do gender concepts, theories and frameworks fare in their application and how can current practice better inform gender theory and concepts?
- What lenses can gender research provide to understand the complex nature of today's rural livelihoods, including interconnections between resource-based and non-agricultural livelihoods?
- What new, well-informed narratives and discourses help us overcome myths around gender in agriculture and food systems?
- How can research contribute to systemic change towards gender equality?
- What new methodological and other innovations can contribute to cultivating equality in agri-food systems?
Through interactive spaces in scientific dialogues and multi-stakeholder panels, the conference will move forward the agenda of gender+ research in agriculture and food systems.
Cultivating Equality 2021Registration website for Cultivating Equality 2021
Cultivating Equality email@example.com
Cultivating Equality firstname.lastname@example.org://event.wur.nl/cultivating-equality2021
Cultivating Equality 2021Cultivating Equality 20210.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
Wageningen University & ResearchWageningen University & ResearchDroevendaalsesteeg 4 6708 PB Wageningen Netherlands